This nationally accredited course covers the skills and knowledge required to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Who should attend the course?
This accredited course is designed for individuals in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings, such as:
- Pastoral / Agriculture
- Civil construction
- Mining, Oil and Gas
- Logistics / Warehousing
- General business
- Registered clubs
- Sporting groups
- Surf Lifesaving
Mode of delivery:
- Face to face training
- Identify and manage hazards and risks surrounding the emergency situation
- Assess the casualty and identify need for CPR
- Perform CPR using a manikin
- Correctly operate first aid equipment, including a defibrillator (AED)
- Request medical support
- Provide reports on the incident
Assessment is in two (2) parts:
- Knowledge Assessment
- Performance Assessment
- Full course: 4 hours – valid for 12 months
- Refresher course: 2 hours – valid for 12 months
- Course is conducted at your workplace or at a negotiated location. All equipment supplied.
- This course is nationally accredited.
- Students competently completing the course will be issued with a Statement of Attainment in HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation